Vacancies & Auditions
All-round Employee Marketing & Communication (m/f) 24 hours a week
Opera Zuid has been setting the course in the South of the Netherlands for more than twenty-five years with passionate and authentic opera theater. Thanks to the conscious selection of national and international top soloists and conductors, sophisticated artistic supervision and a thorough dramaturgy, Opera Zuid always strives for a high-quality result. And this is what the company does for the widest possible audience: opera by and for everyone.
The appointment of Waut Koeken as manager started the start of the new impetus at the beginning of 2017. In the years to come, the focus is on stimulating repertoire, collaborations with (southern) Dutch and European companies and intensive attention to young talent.
For the Marketing & Communication department we are looking for a:
All-round Employee Marketing & Communication (m/f)
24 hours a week
- Together with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator you develop and implement the marketing and communication strategy and campaigns for Opera Zuid and the various productions.
- As an extension of this, you devise and implement marketing campaigns and promotions together with the theaters where Opera Zuid is a guest.
- You provide traffic to the online channels of Opera Zuid, manage the website and social media and analyze and report the results.
- You organize events, including the premieres of the Opera Zuid productions and various small events.
- You maintain contact with the press, cooperation partners and special target groups.
- Together with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator you perform internal and external communication activities, such as the coordination of printed matter, writing press releases and newsletters, generating free publicity, sending mailings, and so on.
- You also develop and implement the Friends policy.
- You report to the Marketing & Communication Coordinator.
Who are you?
- You have completed a course at least at HBO level with a relevant field of study.
- You also have several years of experience in developing marketing and publicity campaigns, online communication and organizing events.
- You have affinity with opera or related performing arts.
- You are independent, confident, stress-resistant, proactive, hands-on, communicative, creative, analytical and customer-oriented.
- You have experience with promotional writing for different target groups.
- You will find it no problem to work at irregular times from time to time (in the evenings and at the weekend).
- You speak the Dutch and English language verbally and in writing.
- Preferably you have experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Ads / Displays and Google Analytics.
What do we offer?
- A varied and inspiring job with room for own initiative in a creative working environment at Opera Zuid in Maastricht.
- Contacts with many theaters and cooperation partners in the country.
- A competitive salary.
- Are you interested?
Send your motivation letter no later than 5 January 2020 to Fanny Bartels, Coordinator Marketing & Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org. The first interviews will take place in week 3. If you are invited for a second interview, you will receive a home assignment that you must work out beforehand. The second interviews will take place in week 4.
Opera Zuid has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
For more information, please contact Fanny Bartels at email@example.com or telephone 043 321 01 66.
Want to work at Opera Zuid?
We are always looking for talent. Open applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do an internship at Opera Zuid?
Opera Zuid offers students the opportunity to gain practical work experience. Applications for internships can be directed to the management or to the relevant department.
Auditioning at Opera Zuid?
Opera Zuid is always looking for singing talent. Requests for auditions can be sent to email@example.com.